APCO UV Air Purifier- Detoxifiying your Indoor Home Air
Advanced Photocatalytic Oxidation
The award-winning APCO UV Air Purifier system (Advanced Photocatalytic Oxidation) represents a technological advanced type of air purifier. The APCO UV Purifier unit is installed in the ductwork of your central Air Conditioning & Heating system where it cleans the air as is passes through.
The APCO UV uses a unique combination of UVC light and activated carbon to achieve germicidal and odor reduction without producing any harmful ozone. APCO UV Air Purifiers are particularly effective at reducing odor-causing and potentially toxic volatile organic compounds (VOCs), including toxic chemical vapors such as toluene & formaldehyde.
How Does APCO UV Work to Clean The Air Inside Your Home?
1. Advanced Photocatalytic Oxidation
APCO detoxes your indoor air with a process known as “photocatalytic oxidation (PCO)”. The PCO technology is similar to the catalytic converter on your car’s exhaust.
Ultraviolet (UVC) light reacts with titanium dioxide infused into the carbon which effectively disintegrates the captured contaminants and leaves only harmless water vapor and CO₂ to be released back into the air. This process leaves the carbon cells clean so they never fill up or need to be replaced. The result: Clean, odor-free air throughout the home.
2. Germicidal Power of Ultraviolet Light
For over a century scientists have known about the germicidal properties of Ultraviolet light. Because this frequency of light is filtered out by the Earth’s atmosphere microorganisms have no defense against it. It works by scrambling their DNA which prevents them from reproducing.
Incredible Features of the APCO UV Purifier:
1. Advanced Odor Control
We love our furry friends, but nobody wants home guests to smell the kitty box or last night’s fish dinner lingering around. You could use an air refresher or a candle but those things just mask the bad smells.
APCO UV removes odors by transforming odor-causing VOC molecules into harmless water vapor and CO2. So keep the puppy & the kitty, fry that fish and have some guests over!
2. Clean Coils
The UVC light in APCO works just as well at keeping AC coils clean as our non-PCO products. Moldy coils shorten the life of the air system and waste energy by reducing efficiency. UVC light kills the mold and reduces the need for system maintenance.
3. Additional Features
- Advanced Monolithic Absorptive PCO cell with proprietary absorption media and proven TiO2 photo-catalytic coating for the reduction of complex VOCs and household odors.
- Non-Ozone quartz 254 NM UV-C lamp for airborne germicidal disinfection
- Simple duct-mounted installation
- Lifetime power supply warranty
- Easy to install 18-32 VAC or 110-277 VAC power supply fits any application
- Reversible design when increased airstream bio-kill is desired
- Remote second lamp available for return side coil treatment
Benefits of Having APCO UV in your Home
- Reduces airborne pathogens such as mold, bacteria, viruses and odors
- Reduces harmful household VOCs (volatile organic compounds) through an advanced absorptive photo-catalytic oxidation process
- More effective on complex VOCs such as formaldehyde than conventional PCO products
- Provides surface treatment of coils, heat-strips, & blowers unlike conventional PCO technology
Odors & Toxic Chemicals In Indoor Air
Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) can make indoor air smell bad and can be harmful to your health. There are thousands of different VOCs produced and used in our daily lives, including toxic chemicals such as formaldehyde, benzene, and acetone.
The Solution is APCO™
Common Sources of VOCs Include:
- Building materials
- Carpets & adhesives
- Upholstery fabrics
- Vinyl floors
- Composite wood products
- Paints & varnishes
- Sealing caulks & glues
- Carpet cleaning solvent
- Home and personal care products
- Air fresheners
- Air cleaners that produce ozone
- Cleaning & disinfecting chemicals
- Smoking & fireplaces
- Fuel oil & gasoline
- Moth balls
- Vehicle exhaust from an attached garage